I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Of course, it was started off right with turkey and all the dressings. Wow, that was very Texan of me to say. I also was able to squeeze in a family session (which I will post soon) and take a nice drive to Montauk aka “The End.” It was 65 degrees out and did not feel like we were approaching the Christmas season. However, that all changed when we discovered that the Montauk Lighthouse Lighting Ceremony was being held that night! How exciting! There was a band and even Santa Claus made a special appearance.
Some fun facts about the Montauk Lighthouse:
- First lighthouse in New York State
- Fourth oldest active lighthouse in the United States
- Commissioned by President George Washington in 1796
- There are 137 iron steps to the top of the tower
- The light flashes every 5 seconds and can be seen a distance of 19 nautical miles